‘Account’ means Your account set up upon Your successful registration with the Website
‘Content’ means recommendations, advice, reviews, ‘how-to’ guides, comments, posts, texts, graphics, sound, photographs, videos, data, writing and any other information and materials available on or referred to on the Website
‘PluggedIn’ is associated with and a trading name for Comet Group Ltd (company number 278576) of George House, George Street, Hull HU1 3AU (‘Comet’) and ‘We’ ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ means Comet or belonging to Comet
‘Public Profile’ means the profile of You visible on Our Website
‘User’ a person using the Website
‘Website’ means the PluggedIn website at www.pluggedin.co.uk (as may be amended from time to time) including but not limited to any associated chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion forums
‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the person accessing the Website and applying to register as a user of the Website
Your use of the Website and Your Account is governed by these terms and conditions.
- You agree to provide accurate, correct, current and complete information when completing the registration process and to thereafter keep such information accurate, complete and up-to-date
- When registering with the Website, You will be asked to specify a username and a password for you to use to log on to the Website in future. You must keep your username and password confidential, safe and secure. You are fully responsible for all acts and omissions that occur under Your username and password and You must notify us immediately if you notice any unauthorised use of your username or password or become aware of any security breach. You agree to change your username and/or password if We ask You to do so and You agree to periodically changing Your password to help minimise unauthorised use of Your account.
- Please choose your username with care. Once Your Account has been successfully created, Your username cannot be changed except in the event of documented legal action or, at Our discretion, if it conflicts with another website user’s username or We reasonably believe it should be changed (such as for moral or profanity reason).
- You may not use the words “PluggedIn”, “Comet” or any words which create a reasonable association with such words or any derivatives thereof in your username without Our written permission.
- Racist, defamatory or profane images or language must not be used in your username, password, account, Public Profile and You agree not to post or refer to the same on the Website.
- You remain fully responsible for Your Account and must not sell, transfer ownership or otherwise transfer to or create an interest in Your Account for any other party.
- You must be a private individual or party approved by Us to create an Account and cannot be acting on behalf of a company or other undertaking without informing Us of this and getting our approval to create an Account in that capacity
You must not use Your Account or the Website to discuss or demonstrate any disputes or issues that you may have with Us or the Website.
- Information relating to Your Account must be kept up-to-date and accurate and with a valid e-mail address at all times. We will use the email address You provide to contact You if and when reasonably necessary or advisable
Your Account and any other related accounts or username(s) You may operate under may be suspended or terminated if You do not comply with these terms and conditions and any supplemental policies (which may be reviewed from time to time) or for any legal reason.
Web site content
Content may be provided by Us, Our professional advisers, Our suppliers and contractors or Users. We would like to keep Content available on the Website accurate and up-to-date but cannot guarantee and are not responsible for its completeness, accuracy, timeliness, integrity or if You find it objectionable. All Users are responsible for any Content they make available on the Website and We disclaim all liability in such respect, the extent as legally permitted.
Content must not be relied on by You or any third party You communicate or discuss the Content or subject matter of the Content with. We exclude, to the maximum extent legally permitted, liability for anything which has been received or transmitted to or from the Website or should have been so transmitted or received but has not been (for whatever reason)
Content is made available on the basis that neither We, Our suppliers or contractors or other Users are providing professional services or advice by providing such Content. Content is made available for informative purposes only.
- We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to, at Our sole discretion and for any reason, move, remove, refuse to accept, edit or pre-screen any Content without any liability for doing so. We do not control, edit or screen Content ordinarily, however, as Users remain fully liable for any Content they place on the Website
- We reserve the right to disclose or preserve any Content that You have provided or anything that has been transmitted to, from or via or posted on the Website where We act in good faith provided that We do not breach the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended)or any other applicable data protection laws in doing so or where legally required
- Content is only intended to be viewed or used by a UK audience and is not applicable to and may contradict any information or materials found in or relating to any other jurisdictions
Code of conduct
PluggedIn considers its Website community to be very important and all registered members as part of such community. Members can interact with one another in various ways on the Website such as Ask the Crowd chat or via forums, profits and comments on articles.
PluggedIn supports open, constructive discussion and requests that You treat other Website members and PluggedIn with respect. In using the Website, You must
- Not harass, insult or abuse other Website members – to do so would mean PluggedIn may revoke Your Website membership
- Ensure Your posts are correctly posted to the appropriate section of the forum/Website that You post them to. If You post information in a forum or area of the Website that We consider inappropriate or incorrect, We may remove such information without notice and any liability to You.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Not publish or create a link to spam or unsolicited advertisements or promotions of third parties
- Not publish in any way on the Website or create a link on the Website to any other person’s personal data or other private information, such as email addresses, letters, telephone numbers, customer service complaints, other people’s full names (members’ usernames are acceptable, however), addresses or business transactions
- Be mindful that any information or comments You post in a Website forum is intended to be a permanent record so please take care in what you post! We may remove Content from Website forums or close any thread/discussion on a Website forum for any reason, without any liability to You. Please also note that Your Website membership or any rights You may have in relation to the Website may be suspended or terminated if these terms and conditions or any other Website policies are breached by You
- Ensure that any links that You post or mention on the Website are not links to information or websites that do not comply with the requirements and spirit of these terms and conditions
Terms of website use
- You agree that, to the extent legally possible, We and Our agents own all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademarks and goodwill) in all material and content of the Website and that such rights shall remain vested in Us and Our agents and no such rights will pass to or be vested in You. By posting any information to or on the Website, in relation to any intellectual property rights which You may own and which are not vested in Us, You grant Us and our agents and related third parties a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and sub-licensable licence to reproduce, display, distribute, publish, modify, adapt or use in any way any such intellectual property rights without any liability or duty to account to You
- You must only use the Website for purposes which We permit from time to time, in accordance with these terms and conditions and You agree not to misuse the Website or (unless agreed in writing with Us in advance) use it for commercial use.
- We are not responsible for the content or practices on websites for which links may appear on the Website
Suspension and Termination
We aim to make the Website available for use at all times. Availability, ability to register or post information to or on the Website or general use of the Website may, however, be suspended or terminated at any time for any reason and We shall not be liable to You or any third party for any loss or damage suffered in connection with such suspension or termination, to the extent legally permitted. We would only wish to suspend or terminate Website membership where You have not logged in as a member for some time or if We believe You have not complied with these terms and conditions or any other applicable policies We may have. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate Website membership or Website use for any other reason, however.
Advertisements and Promotions
We and Our agents may run advertisements or promotions of Our products or services and those of Our group companies or duly authorised third parties on the Website. Although We advocate that such advertising and promotions comply with all applicable advertising standards and regulations, We do not guarantee or endorse that any advertising and promotions of a third party or group companies so comply and We exclude all liability in such respect, to the extent legally permitted
Links to other websites or resources that We or other related third parties may provide on the Website are provided in good faith but We do not endorse the contents of such websites. We exclude all liability for the available of such websites or for any loss or damage which You may suffer in connection with any use of such websites, to the extent legally permitted. Your access to such websites is at Your own risk
Limitations on liability
You agree that:
- No representations, advice or other pieces of information, however transmitted, obtained by You from or in connection with the Website creates any warranty as regards the quality or reasonable use of any products or services or any other warranty not expressly set out in these terms and conditions
- You use the Website entirely at Your own sole risk
- We do not warrant and exclude all liability to the extent legally permitted to do so, that: (a) the Website or any information contained or referred to in the Website is correct or suitable for any requirements You may have, (b) that the Website or Your access to the Website will be error-free or may harm any equipment You use to access the Website or that (c) any errors or inaccuracies contained on the Website will be corrected. You also agree that if by using the Website any equipment or data which You may have needs servicing or replacing or is otherwise affected in any way, that We are not responsible for the cost, risk and expense of such servicing, replacing or other remedial or required actions
Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any actions, demands, losses, claims, taxes, duties, costs and expenses (including but not limited to any related professional fees which We may incur) in relation to any misuse of the Website by You or Your breach of these terms and conditions. We will try to notify you quickly of any such matters.
Use and Storage
We may set up general requirements concerning Website use and any services We provide, such requirements to cover matters such as:
- e-mail message quantity or size limits
- how long e-mail messages or other posts to the Website may be stored or posted on the Website
We may delete any information from the Website at any time without any liability to You
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Us and You in respect of Your use of the Website and supersede any and all prior agreements, arrangements and representations (save in respect of those made fraudulently) concerning the subject matter of these terms and conditions.
If any of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid then such provision shall be severed from the other terms and conditions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by Us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term
You are not permitted to reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purpose any part of the Website or our services without our prior written consent.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Information we collect
We collect the following information:
- When you apply to register as a member of the Website, We will collect your name, e-mail address and password. You can also provide Us with more information about You which will become a public profile.
- If you use your Facebook profile to register as a member of the Website, the Facebook Connect terms and conditions shall apply in addition (but shall not overrule) to these terms and conditions
What do we do with the information we gather?
We need to gather this information to provide a better service and, in particular:-
- To see how the Website is being used
- For Our internal record keeping
- To send promotional emails to You about products, promotions, services or other information which We and selected third party companies may think You may find of interest using the email address You have provided unless You have asked us not to send You such information
- To see if Our products and services can be improved
- To contact You for market research purposes, unless You have told us not to
A cookie is a piece of text that requests permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once You grant permission, Your browser adds a small file containing such text. A cookie allows web applications to better tailor its operations to Your individual likes and dislikes by collecting information about Your preferences.
We would like the Website’s community to be trustworthy so suggest the following as guidelines when using the Website and the internet in general:
- Try to avoid posting personal information about You or anyone else on the Website or the internet. Please do not post information such as Your credit card number, phone number or passwords. If You post private information about someone else, You must first get their permission
- Do not post anything or add any photos that are likely to embarrass You
- Do not post anything that would enable others to find out where You live or work
- If You believe the behaviour of another person using the Website is abusive, inappropriate or constitutes harassment, please contact Us. Do not communicate with anyone You feel threatened by or unsafe with
- Be wary about meeting strangers that You have met via PluggedIn in real life. If You do so, please only do so in a public place during daylight and bring a trusted adult and (if possible) a mobile phone.
- Your password should be a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. It should not include obvious words such as Your birthday or nickname. Never give anyone Your password and use different passwords for different websites
- Try to ensure that Your email and computer are protected. Strongly consider installing a spam filter, anti-virus software, anti-spyware software and firewalls, which should be updated regularly. Do not download a document or file from an unknown sender – delete the email without opening it otherwise Your computer may get a virus or suffer a security breach
- Remember, public spaces on PluggedIn are indexed and searchable by major search engines so be mindful of what you write
We wish to ensure Website members are safe when using the Website. If You have any security tips that are not mentioned above, please let us know.