The independent Sam Mobile website claims it has word from ‘inside sources’ that Android 4.1 will be rolled out at the end of Q3 or the beginning of Q4 which would suggest a late September or early October landing date.
The site says Samsung’s engineers are currently busy testing the software ahead of the planned release for the handset which, at last count, had shifted over 10m units since the launch at the end of May.
Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note in on the act
The report says that next on the agenda will be the previous generation, but still very popular, Samsung Galaxy S2.
The Galaxy Note is also in-line for an juicy Jelly Bean upgrade says Sam Mobile, as well as the yet-to-be-announced Galaxy Note 2.
Sam Mobile says testing is underway for the S2 and the Note, but doesn’t specify a date for the roll-out.
Here’s some more articles you might like:
- Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Expert Review
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone Expert Review
- Samsung Galaxy Note ‘Phablet’ Expert Review
- Samsung planning 11.8 inch retina display Galaxy Tab?
- Samsung tablets finally getting Android ICS upgrade